I'm a title. Click here to edit me
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
This is a great space to write long text about your company and your services. You can use this space to go into a little more detail about your company. Talk about your team and what services you provide. Tell your visitors the story of how you came up with the idea for your business and what makes you different from your competitors. Make your company stand out and show your visitors who you are.
At Wix we’re passionate about making templates that allow you to build fabulous websites and it’s all thanks to the support and feedback from users like you! Keep up to date with New Releases and what’s Coming Soon in Wixellaneous in Support. Feel free to tell us what you think and give us feedback in the Wix Forum. If you’d like to benefit from a professional designer’s touch, head to the Wix Arena and connect with one of our Wix Pro designers. Or if you need more help you can simply type your questions into the Support Forum and get instant answers. To keep up to date with everything Wix, including tips and things we think are cool, just head to the Wix Blog!
Our collections are the heart and soul of our organization and we take their preservation very seriously. How we handle fragile objects and catalog each item is an important process. Our staff is given the responsibility of documenting each artifact, identifying their owner or donor, assigning a reference number, taking a photo, and storing the information into our Past-Perfect computer file.
The Collections Committee meets periodically to:
- Review and approve policies to determine which documents, books, photos, etc. the Museum shall collect and remove from the collection.
- Recommend items for removal to Board of Directors.
- Process incoming and outgoing collection items.
- Remove identified items from the collections.
- Computer entry into collections database.
- Cleaning, care and conservation of items as needed.
- Research items as needed. Recommend, assist with exhibits.
We are in the process of transferring data from cassette tape to digital for computer storage. If you or a friend or family member would like to be interviewed, please give us a call so an interviewer can arrange a convenient time. It would only take a couple of hours.
Responsibilities of the Oral History Committee are to:
- Contact potential candidates for Oral History Interviews.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, either at the Depot Museum or at the interviewee’s place of residence.
- Complete appropriate consent and personal data paperwork with, and take a snapshot of, the interviewee.
- Copy the audio recording, catalog and store the Oral History Interviews to computer.
- Transcribe interviews, save the data to computer and the hard-copy to file.
- Supply a copy of the transcribed interview to the Interviewee.
Canby Historical Society produces an annual Historical Calendar with vintage photos of the Canby area, people and events. This has been a tradition for us since 1984, and our patrons and people in the area look forward to this publication. Canby Historical Society has a vast photo archive collection but we’re always on the lookout for more photos. If you have a quality vintage photo of street scenes, old buildings, school events or people, and can supply the year, description and names of people, we can certainly use it in our Calendar and we'll give you credit by naming you as the source!
If you have not picked up our 2013 Historical Calendar, please do so and help support Canby Historical Society. The cost is $9.00 and you can purchase them at several businesses in Canby or at the Canby Depot Museum.
Our Calendar Committee consists entirely of volunteers who:
- Search our archives for the right photo.
- Ascertain the description (i. e. year, names,descriptions of locations and buildings).
- Design the Calendar and proof it.
- Send it off to the publisher.
- Distribute copies to our advertisers and the public.